Buildings insurance

Whether you are buying a new home, remortgaging or just looking for a better deal upon renewal we can find the right policy for you.

Buildings insurance is compulsory for all mortgage holders, as it will reinstate your property to its original state in the event of a successful claim.

If you are buying a home we will make sure that your buildings insurance policy starts from the day you sign the contract, not the day you move in. You are legally bound to buy the house once you’ve signed on the dotted line. If anything happens to the house between those dates, you may be greeted with a pile of charcoaled rubble and no insurance payout.

For any DIY enthusiasts out there we suggest you consider taking full accidental damage cover as an extra option where available!

Leasehold properties have the building insured by the freeholder or the managing company, to whom you would normally make a contribution towards the premium.

Contents insurance

Contents insurance is optional and covers movable objects inside the house, for example furniture, clothing and electrical appliances.

We can arrange specific cover for any valuable items like jewellery, watches or artwork. Whilst cover is optional we strongly advise against you not having any, taking the ultimate risk of a fire or burglary. With burglaries on the rise, due to the credit crunch, you should make sure that don’t suffer the consequences of not being covered.

Whether you are a Landlord or a tenant we can organise buildings and contents insurance for you.

As a landlord you will need buildings insurance to cover the structure of the property for most freehold properties especially if you have a mortgage lender on the property. You will need a policy that is specifically for buy to let properties.

If you are providing furniture or white goods you may want to buy some contents cover. Legal cover is an option that should is recommended for all landlords, it will cover your costs should you need to take a tenant to court and other benefits.

Rental guarantee insurance

We can even provide rental guarantee insurance, this cover is vital for rental voids due to damage to the property or should you have problems with tenants due to non-payment of rent.

Contact us now for a personalised illustration from our panel of providers.

The products detailed above are not investments and have no cash-in value at any time